[R] problem with axis labels

Paul Stansell ps at ph.ed.ac.uk
Sat Oct 16 20:19:42 CEST 2004

Dear R users,

Below are some R commands which produce a y-axis label that is not wholly
in the viewing area of the eps file (or the x11 window).

I have tried experimenting with the postscript bounding box, and using
such R commands as over(phantom(0),...) but I make the whole y-label
visible.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I may fix this.  (Please CC
mailing list email to p.stansell at ed.ac.uk.)

Thanks,

Paul Stansell

label<-expression(italic(A)==union(italic(H)[italic(i)],i==1,4))
postscript("labelBug.eps",onefile=F,height=5,width=5,pointsize=12)
plot(1,1,xlab=label,ylab=label)
dev.off()