[R] Maps and plotting

Shawn Way sway at tanox.com
Wed Oct 13 19:52:34 CEST 2004

 At our facility we have multiple sample points that are sampled on any
given day.  What I would like to do is create a map of the facility with
the sample points (and point labels) and when we have out of
specification results, place a transparent dot over the area on the map.
As the number of OOS results builds up, I envision the dot getting
darker.

Are there any packages out there that can aid me in doing this?

Thanks,
Shawn Way, PE
Engineering Manager

"Policies are many, Principles are few, Policies will change, Principles
never do."
-John C. Maxwell