[R] Problem with RMySQL-0.5-3.zip/R 2.0.0 on Windows XP

vha@comcast.net vha at comcast.net
Mon Oct 11 18:27:27 CEST 2004

I have been installing and using the RMySQL package, version 0.5-3 with R versions 1.9.0 and 1.9.1 on Windows XP without  any problem. I installed the package using the .zip binary package available at http://stat.bell-labs.com/RS-DBI/download/index.html.

However,  I ran into a problem using this package with the latest version 2.0.0 of R. The installation went ok, but loading the library using

library(RMySQL)

caused the following error:

Error in library(RMySQL) : 'RMySQL' is not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0?

Any comment/suggestion/advice on how to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated.

Vu Ha, PhD
Information and Decision Technologies
Honeywell International
3660 Technology Dr.