[R] Multiple regression trees

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 11 16:33:18 CEST 2004

You haven't even told us which add-on package you are using to get
`multiple regression trees'.  Is that multiple 'regression trees' or
'multiple regression' trees or what?

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 fietz at dionea.ch wrote:

> I'm quite new in R, but I'm working with multiple regression trees and I
> would like to know a couple of things:
> 1. how can I label the regression tree with the number of node (each node
> should be labled with its number)

In both tree and rpart nodes are labelled by number in the printout.

> 2. I like to know for each end node (leaves) the number of occurency for
> each response variable (species) that falls in that group.The tree-plot
> gives me only the number of sites that falls in each leave.

Again, for both tree and rpart the printout gives you this, but they have
one response variable.

I suggest you ask the author of whatever package you are using (but (s)he
might be upset by your posting here and giving no credit).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk