[R] Shangai ranking of world Universities

Jean lobry lobry at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Sat Oct 9 14:20:10 CEST 2004

Dear all,

this is somewhat off-topic, but given the audience of this
mailling list this might interest some people here.

I have imported under R the data used in 2004 by Liu et al.
from Shanghai Jiao Tong University to build their "Academic
Ranking of World Universities", see:
http://ed.sjtu.edu.cn/rank/2004/2004Main.htm

The following R code:
loadURL("http://pbil.univ-lyon1.fr/R/donnees/shangai.RData", mode = "wb")
should import a dataframe called "shangai" in your workspace.

If you are interested I have also a draft Sweave-generated document
based on this dataframe, but all comments are in french.

I would be interested by references of scientific articles
about this ranking.

Best,

Jean Lobry
--
Jean R. Lobry            (lobry at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr)
Laboratoire BBE-CNRS-UMR-5558, Univ. C. Bernard - LYON I,