[R] Read.Table Reading a Text file

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Oct 8 10:38:08 CEST 2004

Hi

you really should spend some time to go through introductory
documentation and do some examples provided.

<snip>

On 8 Oct 2004 at 3:15, Kunal Shetty wrote:

you probably read it by read.table without saying/specifying
header=TRUE so your X and y is included to your data not as
names but as values. Therefore V1 and V2 are factors.

Please consult especially R-intro manual in doc directory. It helps
you to save a lot of frustration and misunderstanding, especially at
the begging of your work with R.

And consider help list as a last source of help as what you have
learned yourself you remember better and you understand better.

Cheers
Petr