[R] 'with' usage question

Roger D. Peng rpeng at jhsph.edu
Thu Oct 7 21:28:59 CEST 2004

T/F are not defined in the global environment, rather they are in the
`base' package.  That's why you can override them by redefining T/F in
the global environment (or somewhere farther up the search list than
`base').

attach() is different because it places variables on the search list
*after* the global environment.

-roger