[R] Repeated measures

Dan Bebber danbebber at forestecology.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 13:35:00 CEST 2004

Hi Sean,

I'm not sure I quite understand your question. Am I right in thinking that:
state = a binomial dependent variable
measure = a continuous predictor

If so, perhaps you could try using glmmPQL (Generalized Linear Mixed Models
fitted by Penalized Quasi-Likelihood) in library MASS.
The model would include random intercepts for each individual, have binomial
errors, and some kind of continuous autoregressive error structure (I
expect), and would look something like

results<-glmmPQL(fixed=state~measure,random=~1|individual, family=binomial,
correlation=corCar1(args...),data=your.data)

If I've got the wrong end of the stick, my apologies.

Dan Bebber

Department of Plant Sciences
University of Oxford
South Parks Road