[R] library/utils/man/utils.RD.gz : Nosuch file or directory

Luis Rideau Cruz Luisr at frs.fo
Thu Oct 7 12:24:58 CEST 2004

R-help

I have installed R 2.0.0 ( Windows) on my machine and had several
'crashes' while working on it.

I have reinstalled a couple of times and still got strange behaviour
from time to time(screen goes white and no prompt is printed out,,,)

Last time I have reinstalled I checked the md5sum.txt (md5sum output
for the setup program and went O.K) and also Md5 from which I paste a
piece of output :

.
.
md5sum: library/utils/man/utils.Rd.gz: No such file or directory
library/utils/man/utils.Rd.gz: FAILED open or read
.
.
.
md5sum: library/tools/man/tools.Rd.gz: No such file or directory
library/tools/man/tools.Rd.gz: FAILED open or read

.
.
md5sum: WARNING: 25 of 3229 listed files could not be read

The "FAILED open or read" message appears for every library provided
with the R program

I don't know if there is any connection between this and the problems I
encounter.

Any explanation/solution for this?

System specifications:

Microsoft Windows XP professional (Version 2002)
Pentium 4
M CPU 1.80 GHz
512 MB RAM