[R] library in R2.0.0

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Oct 7 09:02:01 CEST 2004

Hi all

I upgraded to 2.0.0 version and did everything as I used to do
before.

I installed windows binary, copy/paste other than bundled
packages.

I got e.g.
> library(chron)
Error in library(chron) : 'chron' is not a valid package -- installed <
2.0.0?

so I loaded it from CRAN and everything worked OK except my
own personal functions (they are not on CRAN). So I went
through NEWS file which says:

o	Packages must have been re-installed for this version, and
	library() will enforce this.

I have never done it, my simple set of functions was never actually
installed. I used copy/paste the directory from old R version to
new one and I used library(fun) in personal .Rprofile to load my
function set. Doing that again I got:

Error in library(fun) : There is no package called 'fun'

I know I can use source
source("D:/programy/R/rw2000/library/fun/R/fun")
but I feel library way is better way and I think I could try it.

Before I start to try transferring my function set to a real package I
would like to ask simple ***question***.

Is the error message result of not installing package fun correctly
(at all) or I shall do something more than follow instructions in
README.packages and other documentation?

Thank you.

Petr Pikal
petr.pikal at precheza.cz