[R] lattice package for R 2.0.0

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Oct 6 14:20:29 CEST 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:59:32 +0200, stefan.albrecht at allianz.com wrote :

>Dear all,
>
>I am trying to install packages with the new R 2.0.0. However for
>several packages, like MASS, lattice or R2HTML, I get an error like:
>
>> library(lattice)
>Error in library(lattice) : 'lattice' is not a valid package --
>installed < 2.0.0?
>>

>However, I have just downloaded the latest versions from CRAN.
>
>As far as lattice is concerned, it seems that the Windows binary is
>not the latest version of lattice (0.9-16 vs. 0.10-11).

Sounds as though you have a bad installation, because lattice 0.10-11
*is* the version in the Windows binary.  Do you have write permission
on the directory where you were installing R?  Do you have a .First
function or some other way of specifying a non-standard location for
the libraries?

Duncan Murdoch