[R] R for education research tutoral?

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Tue Oct 5 02:56:14 CEST 2004

I have a couple of colleagues doing research in Computer Science
Education.  I've talked one of them into using R (he is also interested
in data mining) and am about half-way to persuading the other (who agrees
that he ought to know more about analysing his data).  Neither of them
has a strong statistic background, but both are fairly able and willing
to learn new tools and techniques.

If anyone has a tutorial or set of course notes on how to use R to
analyse the results of education studies, or knows where I might find
such a thing, could you please tell me?

I have downloaded and read all the English-language tutorials on the
"Contributed Documentation" page; Baron & Li is probably closest to
what I'm after but not quite there.

This is *not* a request for general "Introduction to Statistics for
Education Research" tutorials, although I wouldn't turn down any such
references that people sent my way.  I specifically want something to
give my colleagues that explains how to use *R* to analyse their kinds
of data.