[R] R-2.0: roadmap? release statements? plans?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 1 15:24:58 CEST 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Khamenia, Valery wrote:

> I took a look at last 2 months post in R-help maillist

Well, R-devel is about developments in R, and R-help is about help for end
users.

> and surfed through the R-project.org . Unfortunately,
> I can't find some page with roadmap/statements about
> major changes coming in R-2.0 in comparison to R-1.9

Note, neither exist: it is 2.0.0 vs 1.9.1.

> Could anyone point me to the right URL?

http://developer.r-project.org

The NEWS file in the alpha/beta releases that have been made available,
and announced on R-devel, have details of the changes, major and minor.

Or just wait for the release on Monday October 4th.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk