[R] Can grid lines color in a plot be specified?

Fri Oct 1 15:22:38 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 08:15, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 07:44, Luis Rideau Cruz wrote:
> > R-help
> >
> > Is there any way to specify the color of grid lines in a simple plot?
> >
> > par(color.tick.marks=c("grey"))
> > plot(rnorm(10),tck=1)
> >

> > Thank you

Ok....now that I have finished my second cup of coffee...

For some reason, I keep forgetting about the grid() function:

plot(rnorm(10))
grid()

The same comment applies here with respect to the grid being drawn after
your data, so you might want to do something like:

x <- rnorm(10)
plot(x, type = "n")
grid()
points(x, pch = 19)