[R] use of file.show() under linux session....

BUHARD Olivier obuhard at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 28 20:42:06 CET 2004

Hi all,

I know this is a stupid question, but I can't display a text file in a
separate console window under a R session in X11 (gnome with MDK 9.2).
I use R 2.0.0. When I enter :

> file.show("/path/to/my/file/filename.txt" ,pager="gnome-terminal")

the new window opens and then I just obtain the blinking cursor after
the console prompt :-(
I always obtain the same result, wathever the pager used (konsole,
gnome-terminal...)
When I open the file in the current window, it is displayed as any
normal text file, so I don't understand.
Well, it's trivial, but it could help me if I could see the file while
working in another window with the R session... of course, I could use
another soft (Gedit, or open a new console manually...) : well, I find
it more convinient without many different programs running in the
session.
Thanks in advance for help.

Best regards

BUHARD Olivier