[R] LDA with previous PCA for dimensionality reduction

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz at cnio.es
Fri Nov 26 11:38:51 CET 2004

Dear Cristoph, David, Torsten and Bjørn-Helge,

I think that Bjørn-Helge has made more explicit what I had in mind (which I
think is close also to what David mentioned). As well, at the very least, not
placing the PCA inside the cross-validation will underestimate the variance
in the predictions.

Best,

R.

--