[R] Making legend() look like my plot()

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Nov 25 21:28:17 CET 2004

Dan Bolser wrote:
> Is this an impossible task?
>
> How about just problem 2 below, having one pch in one legend entry, but no
> pch in the second?

Please be at least a little bit patient! This is not a hotline! People
are not working 24 hours a day just to answer your questions at once -
they are answering questions on a voluntary basis!

answer 1) is not straightforward, but you might want to use one of
fillable symbols mentioned in ?points, e.g. number 21

answer 2) pch = c(1, NA) should do the trick.

legend(....., pch=c(21,NA), lwd=c(1,3), lty=c(1,3), pt.bg="white", col=1:2)

Uwe Ligges