[R] How to correct this

Tom Mulholland tmulholland at bigpond.com
Wed Nov 24 01:06:04 CET 2004

It has been a while since I looked at those two sources. My main impetus
has been the detail. I think that one of the aims of my project has been
  to document the variants that might not be given a name. I have a
function called tufte158 (Tufte, The Visual Display of Quantitative
Information p. 158) In essence it's just a very simple line plot.
However I have done quite a lot of work automating label positioning, so
they do not to overlap. So while it is dead easy to produce the basic
plot, getting it to publication standard, is not as easy. I have quite a
lot of hybrid graphics that do not immediately look like plots. I guess
these are best described as customised plots, which often are only good
for the specific purpose, even though the components often reappear.

I think I would be trying to add to these sources, although it's not
easy to see what would be the best method.

I will go back to my idea and after a thorough search through the
existing stuff I might try to verbalise the idea again.

Thanks

Tom