[R] R/S System: Advanced Programming, San Francisco ***December 20-21, 2004
elvis at xlsolutions-corp.com
Tue Nov 23 19:09:19 CET 2004
R/S Advanced Programming course in San Francisco on December 20-21st,
Please check out the full description and Agenda of the 2-day class on
And let us know if we should hold seats for you.
Ask for group discount!
Here's the outline:
- Overview of R/S fundamentals: Syntax and Semantics
- Class and Inheritance in R/S-Plus
- Concepts, Construction and good use of language objects
- Coercion and efficiency
- Object-oriented programming in R and S-Plus
- Advanced manipulation tools: Parse, Deparse, Substitute, etc.
- How to fully take advantage of Vectorization
- Generic and Method Functions; S4 (S-Plus 6)
- Search path, databases and frames Visibility
- Working with large objects
- Handling Properly Recursion and iterative calculations
- Managing loops; For (S-Plus) and for() loops
- Consequences of Lazy Evaluation
- Efficient Code practices for large computations
- Memory management and Resource monitoring
- Writing R/S-Plus functions to call compiled code
- Writing and debugging compiled code for R/S-Plus system
- Connecting R/S-Plus to External Data Sources
- Understanding the structure of model fitting functions in R/S-Plus
- Designing and Packaging efficiently
This course will also deal with lots of S-Plus efficiency issues and
any special topics from participants is welcome.
Please let us know if you and your colleagues are interested in this
class to take advantage of group discount. Register now to secure your
in this course!
Elvis Miller, PhD
206 686 1578
More information about the R-help