[R] timeDate

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Mon Nov 22 19:18:03 CET 2004

Yasser El-Zein <abu3ammar <at> gmail.com> writes:

:
: what package should I include to use timeDate? I want to convert a
: double (num of millis) into date object.

The times class of the chron package stores times as fractions of
a day.  You could check whether or not that gives you the resolution you
need.  Install chron and issue the R commands:

library(chron)
?chron

If you only need resolution to the second then you could alternately
use the POSIXct class.

Also check out the article on dates and times in R News 4/1 which
discusses the various possibilities.