[R] SAS or R software

Kevin Wang Kevin.Wang at maths.anu.edu.au
Sat Nov 20 11:39:45 CET 2004

Hi,

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, neela v wrote:

> Hi all there
>
> Can some one clarify me on this issue, features wise which is better R or SAS, leaving the commerical aspect associated with it. I suppose there are few people who have worked on both R and SAS and wish they would be able to help me in deciding on this.

R is THE one to use when it comes to graphics.  So far, I haven't seen any
other software that can produce better graphs (and I've used SAS, Minitab,
Excel, Genstat...etc).  It's programming feature, IMHO, is also neater
than SAS's procedure-oriented programming.

Cheers,

Kevin

--------------------------------
Ko-Kang Kevin Wang
PhD Student
Centre for Mathematics and its Applications
Building 27, Room 1004
Mathematical Sciences Institute (MSI)
Australian National University
Canberra, ACT 0200