[R] help on EM Algorithm for bivariate normal

Tim F Liao tfliao at uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 16 20:59:24 CET 2004

The three packages that someone else mentioned in response
to your post

flexmix
mixreg
mclust

may be usefule in real applications.  On the other hand, if
your interest is in teaching EM or developing your own EM by
using a simple example, the most recent issue of The
American Statistician has an article with a sample R code
for the purpose.  Right now I'm away from my journal.  But
if you would want further info, let me know and I can find
it for you.

Tim Liao