[R] Error whilst building packages

Dan Bailey dan.bailey at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Nov 15 16:22:04 CET 2004

Dear All,

I have been working on building a new version of the Wavethresh package for
some time now. Having build a working version on Linux, I am getting the
following error when checking on Windows:

C:\Rpackages\R\rw2000\bin>Rcmd check wavethresh
* checking for working latex ... OK
* using log directory 'C:/Rpackages/R/rw2000/bin/wavethresh.Rcheck'
* checking for file 'wavethresh/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK

installing R.css in C:/Rpackages/R/rw2000/bin/wavethresh.Rcheck

make: *** [pkg-wavethresh] Error 255
*** Installation of wavethresh failed ***

Removing 'C:/Rpackages/R/rw2000/bin/wavethresh.Rcheck/wavethresh'
 ERROR
Installation failed.

I've worked through many other problems but have been stuck on this one for
a while - can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Dan