[R] expressions and paste

Emily Baldock emily.baldock at ctsu.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 12 12:26:19 CET 2004

I am trying to get a subscript into the title.
My expression is quote(bold(apoA[bold("1")]))
I have managed to get something near to what I want with

sd2 <-1.882
measure <- "g/L"
direction <- "increase"
chem <- quote(bold(apoA[bold("1")]))
plot(0,0)
  titletxt <- substitute(paste("per ", sd2, " ",measure," ", direction, "\n in usual ",chem),
   list(chem = chem,sd2=sd2,measure=measure,direction=direction))
  title(main=titletxt,cex.main=1.4,font.main=2)

However, I can't get bold text this way.

Emily.