[R] Data Censoring and Normality Tests

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Wed Nov 10 00:11:58 CET 2004

I don't know much about censored data, but what you described doesn't sound
like censored data, but rather truncated data.

I think normality tests are over-(ab)used, and would suggest inspection of
normal QQ plots instead (as you already do).  For formal tests, you might be
able to cook up something that test for truncated normality.

Cheers,
Andy