[R] R

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 1 14:52:08 CET 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Adaikalavan Ramasamy wrote:

> Rgui ? I think only Windows pre-compiled distribution has 'Rgui.exe'
> file but others in the list know better.

Correct.

> I presume SunRay is the Sun Solaris 9.0 you mentioned below. If so,
> please try with R pre-compiled for the appropriate platform or build
> from the source. See http://www.cran.r-project.org/. You system
> administrator should be able to help.

I don't think R is available pre-compiled for Solaris 9.

There is a console along the same lines as Rgui available for Unix
versions of R -- see `GNOME' in the `R Installation and Administration
Manual'.  (Note that it is broken under R-2.0.0 but does work under the
R-patched versions available via CRAN.  It has at some time in the past
been run on Solaris, but note what the manual says about its status.)

> Regards, Adai
>

> On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 12:28, songj at ucalgary.ca wrote:
> > Hi, Adaikalavan Ramasamy:
> >
> > Thanks your message.
> > I installed R in our SunRay. It seems it is only commend line, could I run
> > RGui in SunRay? Thanks.
> >
> > Have a good day.
> >
> > Yours
> >
> > Song
> >

> > > You will need to get R working first before installing BioConductor
> > > packages.
> > >
> > > Please provide a more useful output (like the error message) if you want
> > > useful help.
> > >
> > > Have you tried reading the R manual or searching the mail archives [2].
> > >
> > > [1] http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.pdf
> > > [2] http://cran.r-project.org/search.html

> > trouble. We
> > Sun

That is nonsense, of course: R has frequently been installed on Solaris 9.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk