[R] Putting referenced titles on plots

grr@grell.mailshell.com grr at grell.mailshell.com
Mon May 31 18:44:20 CEST 2004

I have a data frame "ctx" and an array "names", where names[i] is the
column name for ctx[i], and am making histograms for each column of
ctx:

for (i in 2:ncol(ctx)){hist(ctx[,i], br=100, main=names[i])}

The titles don't come out like I expect. Each names[i] is something
like "1098_s_at" and R doesn't seem to like printing these. Instead, it
prints "1" or "2" or "3" etc.

I have also tried binding ctx and names into a single data frame and
referencing the first row of each [i] as the title, but I get the same
result.

Can someone tell me how to get these titles attached?

Thanks,

Graham