[R] R Wrappers for "scanf-like" c functions.

Fernando Pineda fernando.pineda at jhu.edu
Sun May 30 06:23:16 CEST 2004

I'm having difficulty trying to figure out how to write an R wrapper
for a C                                           function that has a
"scanf-like" argument list. Recall that in C, functions like scanf()
return their values through a variable number of arguments whose type
and number is determined by a format string. In C this is handled by
parsing the format string and then applying the types and functions
declared in <stdarg.h>.  I've been banging my head against the wall
for a few days trying to figure out how I might do such a thing. Does
anyone know how to write an R wrapper for functions like this?

Thanks,

-- Fernando

--
Fernando Pineda