[R] gauss.hermite?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri May 28 20:02:25 CEST 2004

      Thanks to Andy Liaw, Marc Schwartz, Dimitris Rizopoulos and Tamas
Papp for quick replies.  Before I sent the email, I found that it was
written by Jim Lindsey, but I could not find further information on him,
so I appreciate the links.  Also, the Advanced Statistical Computing
course notes look quite interesting.  In particular, the function
"gaulag" providing "Gauss-Laguerre" may help with a related problem,
taking expected values with respect to gamma distributions.  (Laguerre
polynomials are orthogonal with respect to the a gamma distribution, and
perform the same role as Hermite polynomials relative to a normal
distribution.)

      Thanks again.  spencer graves