[R] Sorting Data?

Martin Klaffenboeck martin.klaffenboeck at inode.at
Thu May 27 21:58:47 CEST 2004

Hello,

Im reading through some manuals, but I cannot find my answer.

I have a file containing many data:

Vpn	Code	Family	Age	F1	F2	...	F17
1	1	M	46	1	2	...	1
2	1	D	18	3	2	...	4
3	2	M	50	3	3	...	3
and so on.

Now I can read it by:

F = read.table("file", header=T)

but now I want to seperate the mothers (M) and daugthers (D) of the
family with all the data in all other fields.  How can I do that?

The 'Code' Tells me which mother belongs to which dougther.  I want to
make a matrix where I have the mothers on one and the daugthers on the
other axis and compair the distance of every question (F1...F17) and
the distance of the sum of this questions.  The questions are semantic
differencials, 5 values.  F4, and F7 must have reverse polarity in this
case.

Hm.  How do I have to do now?

Thanks,
Martin