[R] Is it possible to read jpeg files into R?

Wolski wolski at molgen.mpg.de
Thu May 27 14:08:06 CEST 2004

Hallo Jonathan!
help.search("jpeg") is R users friend.

#search result.
Help files with alias or concept or title matching 'jpeg' using
regular expression matching:
f.plot.ica.fmri.jpg(AnalyzeFMRI)
                        Plot the components of the ouput of f.ica.fmri
                        to a series of jpeg files
bmp(graphics)           BMP, JPEG and PNG graphics devices
cat.picture(rimage)     JPEG picture of a cat
read.jpeg(rimage)       Read JPEG file
Type 'help(FOO, package = PKG)' to inspect entry 'FOO(PKG) TITLE'.

library(rimage)
> ?read.jpeg

     This function reads a jpeg image file and return an imagematrix
     object.

Sincerely