[R] Common principle components

Jari Oksanen jarioksa at sun3.oulu.fi
Thu May 27 09:31:21 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 18:01, J. Pedro Granadeiro wrote:
> I am sorry for not being clear. I meant the methods detailed in:
>
> Flury, B. (1988). Common Principle Components Analysis and Related
> Multivariate Models, John Wiley and Sons, New York.

After writing my previous (long) response to this message, I started to
think that it would be strange if the ade4 people of Lyon had not
written something similar. Indeed they have: there are several
alternative methods for multivariate analysis of K tables in ade4. They
may not be exactly identical to Flury's Common Principal Components, but
they do similar things. Some of the methods may even be identical: The
ade4 people cite French sources, and Flury does not cite French sources
-- and there are at least two parallel universes in multivariate
analysis that rarely cross each other. Just go to CRAN and get ade4, and
try to figure out how to do the analysis you need.

cheers, jari oksanen
--
Jari Oksanen <jarioksa at sun3.oulu.fi>