[R] Rcmd check, windows xp, perl

TEMPL Matthias Matthias.Templ at statistik.gv.at
Thu May 27 09:19:31 CEST 2004

Dear R users,

With package.skeleton() i have produced successfully my .Rd´s, ...
Now i will run Rcmd check on ..\R\bin\

But Rcmd check (and build) on my Windows XP does not work.
It`s a problem with "perl".
(Translated i get the message:
The instruction Perl is either wrongly written or could not not be found.)

In help("check") I found this:
     "These may not work correctly under Windows 95/98/ME because of
     problems Perl has launching programs on those limited OSes."

And in the R-devel I found following from Prof. Brian Ripley:
     "2) On Windows, we did hope to make Rcmd check the standard way.
     Unfortunately, a whole series Perl builds were broken, so make
     pkgcheck-foo is still preferred."

But i can not find something like "pkgcheck" and Rcmd does not work.

(I use R version 1.9.0 on Windows XP, IBM Computer)

Can anybody help me please?

Regards,

Matthias