AW: [R] Question

TEMPL Matthias Matthias.Templ at statistik.gv.at
Wed May 26 12:47:33 CEST 2004

A small comment:
The code of Agnes is written in Fortran. Following book give more details:

     Kaufman, L. and Rousseeuw, P.J. (1990). _Finding Groups in Data:
     An Introduction to Cluster Analysis_. Wiley, New York.

The 'hclust' function is based an Algorithm contributed to STATLIB
by F. Murtagh and the code is written in C.

Probably the differences between agnes and hclust causes from the different code and the different implementation.

Matthias