[R] Hiding internal package functions for the doc. pkg-internal.Rd

Henrik Bengtsson hb at maths.lth.se
Tue May 25 11:48:31 CEST 2004

Add \keyword{internal} to the Rd files you would like to hide from the
index. From section "Documenting functions" in "Writing R Extensions" (for
R v1.9.0):

"\keyword{key}
  Each \keyword entry should specify one of the standard keywords (as
listed in the file R_HOME/doc/KEYWORDS.db). There must be at least one
\keyword entry, but can be more that one if the R object being documented
falls into more than one category.

 The special keyword 'internal' marks a page of internal objects that are
not part of the packages' API. If the help page for object foo has keyword
internal, then help(foo) gives this help page, but foo is excluded from
several object indices, like the alphabetical list of objects in the HTML
help system."

Cheers

Henrik Bengtsson

Dept. of Mathematical Statistics @ Centre for Mathematical Sciences
Lund Institute of Technology/Lund University, Sweden (+2h UTC)
+46 46 2229611 (off), +46 708 909208 (cell), +46 46 2224623 (fax)
h b @ m a t h s . l t h . s e, http://www.maths.lth.se/~hb/