[R] No load() from script

Matej Cepl cepl at surfbest.net
Fri May 21 17:35:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

when I try to load data from a file _in a script_ (run either
with R --vanilla < script.R, or R BATCH --vanilla script.R, or
even with source() from inside R), then I got this error message
and scripts halts

	> #data.multiple <- read.table(file="multiple.csv",sep="\t")
	> load(file="multiple.RData")
	Error in open.connection(con, "rb") : unable to open connection
	In addition: Warning message:
	cannot open compressed file `multiple.RData'
	Execution halted
	komensky:work$

However, I still can easily load the same data with plain
load("multiple.RData") from R's command line. What'e even more
strange is, that I get *exactly* same error message even when
multiple.RData where created with save(compress=FALSE).

I use R 1.8.0 on Debian/woody (binary package from CRAN). Please,
do not tell me to compile the newest R from source -- I don't
have enough time to sleep, so I would probably rather survive
for some time with loading data "by hand".

	Thanks,

		Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

I feel so miserable without you, it's almost like having you
here.
      -- Stephen Bishop