[R] 1-way anova, nested model

Eran Tauber etauber at eudoramail.com
Tue May 18 12:59:07 CEST 2004

Dear all,

We compared the gene expression level in two conditions: high (H) and low (L), using real-time PCR. We had 3 samples of each condition, and we quantified each sample twice (i.e. a technical replication).
Our data looks like:
H1 H1 H2 H2 H3 H3 L1 L1 L2 L2 L3 L3

We want to test if the level in H vs L is significantly different. I would like to use ANOVA  and I guess a nested model with the samples as random  variables should be used. How do you do it with R? (assume we don't have much experience with R, nor with statistics)

Thanks in advance, Eran

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com