[R] please help with estimation of true correlations andreliabilities

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu May 13 14:24:25 CEST 2004

Dear Jens,

It sounds as if you're postulating a single-factor model underlying the x's
(which is an assumption about the structure of the variables). If that's the
case, then you could either use the factanal function in the stats package
or the sem function in the sem package to estimate the model. The former
would be simpler.

I hope this helps,
 John