[R] Problem installing SparseM on Debian stable

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 12 16:54:16 CEST 2004

You need to find a version of SparseM in the CRAN archive of comparable
age to your R version (nearly two years),

*or*, much better, update your R to 1.9.0 (or the current patched version)

Hint to maintainers of packages using S4 methods: you almost certainly
need to declare a dependence on a rather recent version of R since the
methods code has changed a lot in the last two years.

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Felix Salfner wrote:

> I have troubles installing the "SparseM" package on my Debian stable
> Linux system.
>
> Debian's version of R is:
> platform i386-pc-linux-gnu
> arch     i386