[R] How to use c routines in the exiting package?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 12 08:16:16 CEST 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Rui wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to know some details about the c routine "lasso" in the functions
> of "gl1ce()" .  However, I have following troubles. First, I can not
> find the routine in the local directories of this function (or package).

Then something is wrong with your search techniques.  You have obtained
the *sources* of the package from CRAN, haven't you?  Look in the
lasso2/src directory of the tarball lasso2_1.2-0.tar.gz.

> Second, if I found the routine, could I call it just like this way, say,
> fit <- .C("lasso", ....,PACKAGE = "lasso2") in my own functions.

Yes.

> My system
> is Windows98 with R1.80.

R is at 1.9.1, and unlikely to reach 1.80 before 2.0.0

Your mail contains some strange characters.  Please use ASCII text in
emails, not Windows extras (and not HTML).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk