[R] metafile copy and R 1.9.0

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Sat May 8 16:36:19 CEST 2004

I don't know if this workaround suffers the same problem or not
since I have not tried it but you could try using the xfig device
for your graphics and then using xfig2dev to convert that file
to .cgm format (which is also vector based) and then in Word use:
   Insert | Picture
or if a bitmapped format is sufficient just use that.

Patrick Giraudoux <patrick.giraudoux <at> univ-fcomte.fr> writes:

:
: Dear all,
:
: I'm running into problem in R-1.9.0 that hasn't happened  with R-1.8.x
:
: If I make a plot with xyplot(), and use the menu to either save to a
metafile or copy to clipboard as a metafile
: to export to eg
: Powerpoint, I can just copy a blank then. This does not occur with the
classical plot(). Thus, I suppose that
: it may come from
: lattice or grid (going through the R-archives I checked that a similar
trouble occur when R has been updated
: to 1.5).
:
: Has this trouble been met already and is there a way to turn it?
:
: Patrick Giraudoux
:
: R-help <at> stat.math.ethz.ch mailing list
: https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help