[R] increasing memory

Roger D. Peng rpeng at jhsph.edu
Wed May 5 14:20:21 CEST 2004

Just a note, R 1.9.0 is the most recent version.

It sounds like your computer might just be running out of memory
and thrashing.  620MB of RAM is unfortunately not an enormous
amount of RAM with which to be using R.  These are the trade
offs.  If you can't read in your table using scan() then we may
be running out of R options.

-roger