[R] I have some problem about "save and open"

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue May 4 10:09:16 CEST 2004

mathinee at gaccl.com wrote:

> Hello R-help
>
> I use R program on linux.
> and when I would like to quick R, then I type q()
> after than has question "Save workspace image? [y/n/c]:"
> when I ans "y" , why not to ask about name of file.

It saves the file ".RData" in the current working directory (getwd()
tells you which it is). Use save.image() if you want to write to an
explicitly given filename.

> and when I would like to open last file , how can I do?

Either start R in the working directory you have used the last time (it
load ".RData" from the current), or use load() to explicitly load a
workspace image.

Please read the manuals and the help ?Startup

Uwe Ligges