[R] r dev site is down

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon May 3 19:23:19 CEST 2004

Duncan Murdoch <dmurdoch at pair.com> writes:

> On Sun, 2 May 2004 09:52:16 -0400, "zubin" <binabina at bellsouth.net>
> wrote :
>
> >the R developer site has been down for some time, what gives?
> >
> >http://developer.r-project.org/
>
> It's back online now at a different site.  There are a few problems
> that will be worked out over the next few days:

Thanks!

> - DNS isn't working yet, so you need to go to http://66.39.64.254 for
> a while.

> - Some of the links on the page are broken.  (If anyone knows
> corrections, please let me know about them.)

The CVS log is one casualty; what are the others? The CVS log is
awkward to fix since its functionality depended on having the website
at the cvs repository (and likewise the automagic web update upon
commits). It is still being generated, and there's a web server and
everything at the CVS site, it is just that the rest of the world is
getting firewalled out. Hmm.. perhaps all we need is to commit the log
to R-dev-web when it is modified?

> - It will only be updated manually for a while, so things may get a
> little stale.
>
> - If anyone used email addresses at developer.r-project.org, those
> will no longer forward or be read by anyone.

I don't think they were ever official.