[R] choice-based conjoint

stephen.kay@adelphigroup.com stephen.kay at adelphigroup.com
Wed Mar 31 15:31:22 CEST 2004

The multinomial model can be used- it's the standard method used, although
there are now more sophisticated ones - see Kenneth Train's website at
Berkley for the Mixed Logit. I too am new to R so can't really comment on
how to implement it in this package. If you want to run more sophisticated
models (e.g. Mixed Logit) and you are an academic (non-commercial) you could
download a free version of Ox (a matrix programming language very similar to
GAUSS) and do a search for Mixed Logit - some one wrote a free routine that
converts Ken Train's GAUSS code to Ox. Afraid I don't have time to look up
the website addresses.

Hope this helps,

Stephen
Stephen Kay