[R] Can R be useful to me?

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Wed Mar 31 14:02:55 CEST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:32:49 -0300, you wrote:

>My question is: can I generate graphics and tables in gif ou any graphical
>format through shell script?? can I call R, run a package in my ascii data e
>then export the results to a gif, png or whatever?
>
>Depending on your answers I'll learn R to do this kind ok task.

Base R doesn't have support for the GIF format, but it can produce
PNG, EPS or JPEG graphics files.  It's possible there's a
user-contributed package that does GIF, but the license restrictions
make that somewhat unlikely.

So yes, you could run R in batch mode to do what you want, as long as
GIF isn't a requirement.

Duncan Murdoch