[R] Extrange behaviour of Gcc-3.3

Virgilio Gómez Rubio Virgilio.Gomez at uv.es
Mon Mar 29 13:29:27 CEST 2004

Dear R users,

I have found a quite uncommon behaviour when compiling a library I want
to call from R (avce00, in package RArcInfo).

I define CPL_LSB (-DCPL_LSB is passed to the compiler in the command
line) but it's useless, since #ifdef CPL_LSB ... #endif clauses doesn't
notice that CPL_LSB is defined. I also set -O2.

Any clue? I have tested  the library without optimising the code and it
works fine.

I am using gcc-3.3 on a GNU/Linux debian box, but I have the same
problem when I try to compile Windows binaries.

I think it is important to mention that everything started to fail when
R moved from gcc-2.95 to gcc-3.x.

Thanks in advance.

--
             Virgilio Gómez Rubio

Grup d'Estadística espacial i temporal
en Epidemiologia i medi ambient

Dpto. Estadística e I. O. - Facultat de Matemàtiques
Avda. Vicent A. Estellés, 1 - 46100 Burjassot
Valencia - SPAIN

http://matheron.uv.es/~virgil

TLF: 00 34 96 354 43 62 - FAX: 00 34 96 354 47 35