[R] White background in PS pictures

Peter Dunn dunn at usq.edu.au
Mon Mar 29 04:21:30 CEST 2004

Hi all

I am using R to produce postscript pictures via the
postscript  command.  I have never had any problems...
until now, when I want to inlcude my .ps file is a
LaTeX document *without* a white background.  (If
it's important, I'm using the  prosper  class with
the  whitecross option, so the background in blue.)

I would like my .ps file to have a white background.
If I read the help correctly (?postscript), this is
achieved using  bg="white", either in the call to
postscript  or via  ps.options.

However, whenever I do so, and include my .ps
file in my LaTeX document, it appears transparent
(I see the blue background, and the black text on the
figure is hard to read.)

I have read the help (at least what I thought was relevant)
and searched the mail archives but can't find any
reference to this problem.

Help appreciated.

P.

 > version
          _
platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
arch     i686
os       linux-gnu
system   i686, linux-gnu
status
major    1
minor    7.1
year     2003
month    06
day      16
language R

--
Dr Peter Dunn          (USQ CRICOS No. 00244B)
   Web:    http://www.sci.usq.edu.au/staff/dunn