[R] availability of version 1.9.0?

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Sat Mar 27 16:20:53 CET 2004

Erin Hodgess <hodgess at gator.uhd.edu> writes:

> When will version 1.9 (for Windows) be ready, please?

The original release date for the R-1.9.0 source code was April 4 but
there will be an as-yet-unspecified delay due to a breakin on the main
archive site.  We had to do a lot of adjustments this week, including
creating a completely new archive site, and we are a bit paranoid right
now about security.  We think we have the generation of the beta
releases set up again but Peter had to leave for ENAR before that
could be completely tested.

Best guess currently is a source code release during the week of April
11 followed a few days later by the Windows binary.

I believe that Duncan Murdoch has beta test versions of the Windows
binary for R-1.9.0 available from his web site.  I have forgotten the
URL.  Perhaps someone can remind us.