[R] Omegahat down?

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 26 18:23:18 CET 2004

Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> Mark Fowle wrote:
> > I was wondering the same thing.
> > The traceroute seems to end at their border router, which leads me to
> > believe that they has a hardware failure.
> > Hoping that they get it up in a few days.
> > I've checked around and there are a few mirrors but they all just
> > hang, so I
>
> > guess we have to wait...
> >

> Some people have had some fun "visiting" other people's machines ...
> These machines need to be reinstalled.

The machine that was serving as Omegahat.org was compromised.  We were
going to move that site to another machine anyway so this attack has
resulted in a somewhat accelerated schedule for the move.

Douglas Bates                            bates at stat.wisc.edu
Statistics Department                    608/262-2598
University of Wisconsin - Madison        http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~bates/